Most people consider oily skin to be the cause of acne. This is a myth, do you know that the problem of acne is also seen in dry skin people. But yes, acne is not as uncommon in dry skin types as you might think. However, it can occur in people of all skin types at any age.
Acne and dry skin are commonly found in youth. Treating acne with dry skin can be tricky. In many people, this problem is seen very much, which also spoils the complexion of their face. That is why its timely treatment is very important. Why does dry skin cause acne problems? The problem of acne in people is also seen in different ways, including:
Acne is often associated with oily skin. Oily skin occurs when the sebaceous glands produce too much sebum. Sebum is a natural skin oil. Its production in excessive amounts can clog the pores and cause acne. Even though oily skin and acne are often seen together, dry skin can also be accompanied by acne. Anything that clogs your pores can cause breakouts.
Acne Problem In Dry Skin
Regular skin care is essential to prevent the problem of acne in dry skin. If you have sensitive skin, you need to choose your skin care products carefully.
Use a mild cleanser to remove dirt, oil and bacteria from the skin. A mild product cleans your pores without over-drying your skin. Apply an oil-free, non-comedogenic moisturizer immediately after cleansing.
- Wash your face only once a day. While washing helps to remove irritants from your skin, over-washing your face can cause your skin to lose its moisture.
- Avoid exfoliating the skin. Exfoliating can cause dryness in the skin as well as skin irritation. In this case, avoid skin care products that contain alpha hydroxy acids. It can strip the natural oil from your skin.
- Avoid using products that can aggravate the problem of acne. Pimple products that are effective at drying out acne include benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid.
Along with choosing the right skin care products, some home remedies can help improve dry skin.
- Clean your skin with lukewarm water instead of warm water. Hot water can also dry out your skin and damage your skin layer.
- Pat-dry your skin. Rubbing your skin with a towel can increase the dryness and cause irritation.
- Use a humidifier.
- Do not touch the skin of your face repeatedly. This can spread infection.
Best Face Wash For Acne Problem In Dry Skin
To control acne and dry skin, choose a face wash that is formulated for dry and sensitive skin. Opt for especially mild wash face washes that are non-comedogenic, color free, fragrance free, and hydrating for dry skin. Hydrating cleansers include ingredients like glycerin and hyaluronic acid.
Treatment Of Acne Problem In Dry Skin
If home remedies or home remedies don’t improve your skin, consult a doctor on how to get rid of acne without over-drying. They can determine and confirm the cause of the dryness. A few simple changes to your skin care routine can be easy for your skincare regimen. But if you’re having trouble controlling acne, or if your dry skin seems severe, check with your doctor. They can help you choose an OTC acne product, if necessary the doctor can also prescribe the necessary medications along with the skin medicated skin care product for treatment. To avoid the problem of acne, take good care of the daily skin care routine.